Saturday, January 17, 2009

Recent Happenings

Just a few snapshots of our recent activities. . .


Lindsay wanted her hair cut and I guess I have always had this secret desire to be a hairdresser so I decided to cut it myself feeling safe in the knowledge that Jess could bail me out if I messed it up too bad. :) I think it turned out pretty cute. . .



Before

After


Lindsay finally got the approval from Grandma Helen to get her ears pierced on December 18th. She was so excited she hardly slept the night before and thought it was great that she got to pick out her own earrings. She was a tough chick and didn't even cry!

I made my first diaper cake for a good friend who has since delivered a beautiful and healthy baby girl. It was fun to make once I got it going and turned out much better than I expected. Congratulations to the new parents and siblings-I hope the diapers come in handy!



Garrett's school basketball team won their first game of the season (1-1) this Friday evening. It was a hard fought win and the team had to pull together to make it happen.


Garrett is #2 in white

Lindsay and Kristina (Garrett's girlfriend) cheering the team on

Time to celebrate! The final score was 14-12.




The kids are participating in basketball and cheerleading at Ormsby Heights Baptist Church this year. Their program puts Garrett and Kimberly in the same age group and they were assigned to different teams (which is definitely a good thing!) Their teams played each other today in an exciting game. In the end Kimberly's team won, but Garrett was just happy to get to be on the court with his big sister. (Kimberly is Green #52 and Garrett is Orange #13)






Lindsay absolutely LOVES cheering. She practices constantly and even gets the other kids in trouble with her stomping (Robby thinks it's Garrett or Kimberly bouncing the basketball in the house again). The cheerleaders all cheer for both teams and all cheers are positive. Most of the girls in Lindsay's squad are still learning coordination, but they are all so cute!

1 comment:

Jess said...

The diapers have definetely come in handy! I haven't dug into the size 1's yet, though, given her peanut size :) I'm sure it won't take me long to get through them, though!